A unique strand of howlite pearls in dark turquoise and a mabe centrepiece engraved with Cook Island motifs. The left-hand motif represents unity, the sea and spear (usually the male’s side); the right-hand represents unity, the sea and weaving of mats (the female’s side). This necklace would make a thoughtful wedding gift, as it signifies male and female unity.
- 50cm length
- Strand of 16mm pearls
- 16mm mabe pearl – a mabe pearl, sometimes referred to as a blister pearl, is a half spherical cultured pearl grown on the inside shell of a mollusk, instead of inside the mollusk’s body.
1) Keep them gunk-free. Cosmetics, sunblock, perfume and hairspray can dramatically dull the luster, as can your body oils and perspiration. Chemicals such as bleach, sulfur and detergents can also erode the gems, leaving them dull.
2) Avoid wearing jewellery while swimming (chlorine, fresh or salt water) or activities involving water.
3) Avoid cleaning agents and regularly wipe with a soft, damp cloth after wearing. If need be, use clean warm water with a cloth and make sure the metals are dried out afterwards.
4) Store correctly. Get into the habit of storing your jewellery correctly will ensure that it has a long life. Keep your jewellery in a soft pouch or soft lined jewellery box.