Pearl grading can feel complicated but it’s actually very simple. All of the pearls I use in my designs are AAA, or AA grade.
These pearls are the highest quality pearls you can get. They are virtually flawless. To be considered a AAA pearl, the pearl must:
- Have a very high lustre. This means that they are the shiniest, most radiant pearls you can get.
- Have at least 95% of the surface free from any blemishes or defects.
- These pearls are perfectly round
- Have a thick nacre. This means that the shell of the pearl must be at least 0.4mm
AA pearls are a small step down from AAA pearls but they’re still stunning in their lustre and quality. AA pearls must:
- Have a very high lustre.
- Have at least 75% of the surface free from any defects or blemishes.
- Have a thick nacre.